Frequently Asked Questions

Home / Frequently Asked Questions

All you need to do is dial 211 on your phone, similar to how you would dial 911 or 311.
311 provides government and city services for Miami-Dade County, while 211 provides information and referral to social services as well as 24/7 crisis counseling.
211 is available 24/7/365.
Our services are confidential, to the extent of the law.
The 211 service is completely free.
Similar to 911, 211 is available nationwide and is managed by different local centers. 211 is also available in Puerto Rico and Canada.